Sunday, December 5, 2010

Whether you think you can or think you can't

Whether you think you can or think you can’t you’re right. This is one of my favorite sayings because it’s so true. It goes right along with what the Bible teaches. I’m not just talking about thinking but also about our beliefs of everyday life, where we are and who we are and what we say about ourselves.
If only people would realize the damage they not only cause themselves but others by what they say they would start talking differently. (Well that’s what I believe and hope would happen)
I hear people say all the time how tired they are, that they are not feeling well, I’m getting so old and I get a cold every year (or the flu). I say of course you are, because that’s what you claim all the time.
Several years ago I worked at a pharmacy. During the slow time I would read all the side effects of the prescription drugs on the counter. I was in my late 20’s at the time. I said to the pharmacist, the side effects are worse than the cure, why are people taking all this stuff. (I do understand the need for medication, but so much of it?) I don’t remember what he said however I understood, but then I remember saying to him, I’m never getting sick, there’s no way I want to take any of this stuff. I have been blessed with excellent health before that statement and since that statement. I’m in my mid 50’s now. I’m not going say that I’ve never had a slight illness once in a great while however I have never had to take prescription drugs and I thank God for that always.
There were other things I proclaimed at a young age that for some reason didn’t happen. Looking back I know why they didn’t happen, it goes back to the tongue, what you say to yourself and what you make yourself believe. Somewhere along the path of life I started claiming negative things, wrong thing to do. That just hit me tonight. I ended up working at jobs I didn’t like, I was at one place for 10 yrs and once I left there I did find something I like but it was a seasonal job, so I was back out in the job market. I did find a job, back on the phones again at a collection agency, oh what fun.
Well I’ve changed my mind again this time from negative to positive. I’m no longer going to proclaim this is the only thing I’m suited for; I can do whatever I set my mind to. I know this for a fact whether it be for good or bad. I can do whatever I set my mind to, I’ve learned how to do so many things and have accomplished several things, seems like though we sometimes get in a slump. We get lazy and stop working towards what’s best for us; we set our mind to living the humdrum life because it’s easier to do than to push ourselves and try new things or to get out of our comfort zone.
Through Christ all things are possible and I’m taking Him at his word, with His guidance and help I have a better more loving and challenging life. This new chapter is going to be very exciting. I hope you start a new chapter also if you haven’t already. Jesus said he came to give us life and give it abundantly; all we have to do is accept it. So no longer will I say I can’t do something for I can do it through Christ who strengthens me.




No comments:

Post a Comment