Thursday, September 1, 2011

Whose your hero.

 I just wanted to share this with you.  It's something I wrote awhile ago regarding my Mom.
 My hero is my mother; she has always been an inspiration to me. She was the one person in the neighborhood that was willing to give the shirt off her back to help someone. She never turned anyone away that was in need. She was always there for whoever needed her. I wish I was more like her!
 I remember one time our house caught on fire (I was very young at the time).  How scary is that!  Well to make a long story short, the fire was put out and we were not displaced.   However none of our neighbors came to help.  It was a cold wintry night and we (my sisters and brothers)  were sitting in a car with no heat and blankets wrapped around us.   I could see the neighbors peaking out their windows wanting to know what was going on.   Did any of them help or bring us in out of the cold???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     NO they did not!!!!!!!   
 Imagine that!.
 The one that would've helped could not as her house was also in danger of exploding for it was a gas leak and her house was up close to ours, she did however make sure we (the kids) had enough blankets to keep us warm.  I noticed that she glanced up at the neighbors peering out their windows in discuss.
 Moving forward
 Well, just a block over from us there was another fire!!!!!!     HHHHMMMMM!   Do ya think anyone went over??????????
WELL GUESS what!! My MOM did!!!!  She walked down to see what she could do to help.    She offered coffee, hot chocolate, tea, to the firefighters (who said weren't we just at your place?) and offered a place to stay for the folks whose place was on fire.
Yes the firefighters were just at our place and yes they were amazed that my mother was there to help, because no one, absolutely no one was there to help mom or her family.
 Regardless of that my mother was there to give assistance anyway she could, no matter what.  She didn't care that no one came to help her and her family, she didn't hold a grudge nor did she judge. 
  Mom always did what was right, honest, truthful and everything else good.  No questions asked, she did what needed to be done and was always there if anyone, I REPEAT anyone needed her.  It didn't matter to her if they were friend or foe, if you needed help, she was always there!!!!!!!!!!!
I really don't know how she did it, but she did.  She was always there for family, friends and foes.
IMAGINE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 I want to be that person, who has no discriminations, what so ever! And loves no matter what!
 I love you MOM!!!!!!!!!!!     You are the sunshine, rainbow and strength of my life.   Thank you for everything
 I hope you enjoyed reading this true life event. ©   All items posted are copy write so you may not use them without permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment