Friday, November 29, 2013

A Poem: Author My Son!

I really find it hard to believe that this is still around and that I still have it.
The following is a poem that my son wrote way, way back when.  We were still living in Florida at the time and he was very young when he wrote it.  I just thought I'd share it with all of you, however remember it is copy righted, so please do not copy without permission.

LOVE

LOVE IS LIKE A BIRD
FREE AND FULL OF SONG

LOVE IS LIKE A FLOWER
IT CAN GROW TO BE BEAUTIFUL
BUT IF NOT CARED FOR IT WILL WILT AND DIE

LOVE IS LIKE A BABY
INOSENT AND FRAGILE

BUT THE BEST LOVE OF ALL
IS TO BE IN LOVE WITH YOU

 copyrighted by Julia West


BY:  MICHAEL WEST.   circa 1980 or somewhere there about.





2 comments:

  1. AT the time he wrote it I would guess that he was about 13 yrs of age. I'm really not sure, the only thing I know is we were in Fl. at the time that he wrote it. I never saw it until recently.

    As far as I'm concerned it's a beautiful poem from a child coming of age and learning to love.

    ReplyDelete