Sunday, November 6, 2011

Thoughts for tonight

Well I was just wondering:  If you live alone and died tonight how long would it be till someone found you dead.   I'm just guessing here but it may be 1-7 days for someone to check on me and find my body, or it maybe longer.  I really don't know.

The fact of the matter is, I moved to FL to take care of my mother on a full time basis, which I was very much glad to do.  I really enjoyed my time with her and I miss her greatly.   I'm living in her house and trying to make it my own and I am doing pretty at the progress of this, however it will take time, but sitting here tonight the thought above came into mind.  For what reason I do not know.   However my question is to all of you that live alone;  "If you died tonight how long would it be till someone found out about it."   Like I said above it might be 1-7 days, if I was still in the burgh it might be longer, I really don't know.

I'm not a person that keeps in touch with anyone, why I don't know.  I try to occasionally keep in touch with family.  I called my Mom at least once a month, sometimes more, but now she's gone, so I cannot call her anymore.   My siblings, well maybe once a year or so.  Too bad for me.  

The one I was most in touch with was the one that called me the most because she always wanted to keep in touch.    I must say I have called my siblings however sometimes it has been to no avail, other times not.   Oh well that's neither here nor there.

It is now and I need to learn how to keep in touch.    How about you???  Do you need to keep in touch or get reacquainted with family members???

I have always kept in touch with my son and my mother.  I have occassionally tried to contact my siblings (I have 5 siblings) however since we don't live in the state (or didn't at the time and their phone # changed frequently it was difficult) I couldn't always keep in touch.

I must say always keeping in contact with Mom I knew what was going on with my siblings and their kids.  That was a blessing to me.    Now I'm wondering, alot of wondering going on here.

Mom is gone so I can no longer get updates and I wonder did everyone else get updates from her?!    Who wll take her place to give updates: and did they only listen because it was her that gave them, did they care, did they pray.    I don't know.

One thing I do know is that someone has to keep up with everyone, however also I do know that what ever is said to anyone cannot be repeated to anyone else in the family, for they are relying on the person they told it to, they said it in confindence.

However it is my feeling if it's told in confidence and it's a problem: prayer is needed so it can be shared without exposing the person or the problem because God knows.

Well as I said isn't it sad that no one know???  Does any one care.    Just thoughts for tonight!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jul,

    Just read a couple of your posts and I’m sorry you are feeling so lonely and deserted. I know your faith is strong, but sometimes we all wonder where God is when we need him. You know you are the reason I came back to Christ, I will never forget your dream about me going to hell and you were reaching for me, and even though we were just fingertips apart, you couldn’t save me. Well fortunately, that dream was wrong and you did save me, and for that I’ll always be thankful!!!

    As for the sibling thing, you and I are so much alike, as you know I rarely talk to anyone either – maybe it’s because my life is busy with my own family, or maybe it’s because I’ve been let down by the few I let in I don’t have the energy to cope any more.

    I commend you for keeping in touch with mom...We didn’t have that kind of relationship, probably as much my fault as it was hers. She was busy with her life in Florida, and I was busy with mine here in Pittsburgh. I didn’t agree with a lot of things that she did, so to avoid any type of confrontations I just didn’t communicate at all. Don’t get me wrong, I loved mom and I know she did what she thought was best, and quite honestly, she didn’t have a lot to draw from losing her parents at an early age. However, she did make me the strong woman I am today.

    I’m sorry I don’t call more, there are times when I want to, but I really don’t have anything to say. But it always seems when we do call each other the conversation seems to cover everything, and that's a good thing.

    I sometimes envy people who are comfortable with people and can seem to fit in anywhere, but I’m not that person. I got so lucky to have been blessed with my loving children, and finding someone who loves me for who I am...I contribute that all to God.

    I think you need to find a church, I know you said in the past that you don’t need a building to make it "church" because you can talk to God anywhere, and you are right...the building is not the church; the people in the building are the church. I’m sure you will find people you can relate to there, and volunteer for something or join a bible study...I think it will really fill the void you are feeling.

    Love you little sis!
    Dar

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! So rightly said! I keep to myself most of the time, well all the time. Hope you read this. I'm a lone wolf per sey. Really.

    I really prefer to count on myself, however that is not always possible.

    You have no ideal how much I appreciate that you and Ray took me in, you also have no ideal how humbling that was to me. It was obviously a lesson I needed to learn.

    I love you and thank you so much for all you and Ray have done for me.

    ReplyDelete